Director of Counseling and Psychological Services
Job no: 496763
Work type: Management (MPP)
Location: San Luis Obispo
Categories: MPP, Administrative, Health Professionals, At-Will, Full Time
The Director of Counseling and Psychological Services at Campus Health & Wellbeing position requires a deep understanding of best practice models and key trends that may be adapted to the changing undergraduate and graduate student population needs. This includes an understanding of how integrated care models, stepped-care models, and other cutting-edge strategies and interventions may best serve the needs of our student body.
Campus Health & Wellbeing Counseling and Psychological Services is a multi-disciplinary mental health staff committed to the management of existing and long-term mental health needs of a diverse student population. The multi-disciplinary team currently includes: psychiatrists, psychologists, licensed clinical social workers, marriage and family therapists, and administrative staff.
- Demonstrated competence with diversity and intersectionality; demonstrated expertise in addressing the needs of underserved groups.
- Through working knowledge of relevant legal and ethical requirements for Counseling Services and mental health professionals in the State of California and nationally.
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices of college health, including supporting integrated clinical care, working in partnership with physicians, medical providers, clinicians and health promotion colleagues.
- Working knowledge of all relevant state and national confidentiality standards (i.e., FERPA, CMIA, HIPAA).
Education and Experience
- Masters in Psychology, Counseling, Counseling Psychology, Clinical Psychology or related field.
- A minimum of five (5) years of professional counseling experience in a mental health setting plus three (3) years of progressively responsible supervisorial or managerial experience in a mental health setting.
- Licensed mental health provider in the State of California or be eligible for State of California certification as a licensed mental health provider within (12) twelve months of employment.
Known for its Learn by Doing pedagogy, Cal Poly is the flagship of the world-renowned California State University system. Annually recognized as one of the top public universities in the nation, Cal Poly continues to offer an academic curriculum based on learned experience gained through real-world practice. Located in San Luis Obispo, Cal Poly is nestled comfortably among the coastal foothills, minutes from the Pacific Ocean and equidistant to the Bay Area and Los Angeles.
Cal Poly offers a best-in-class benefits program, including health, dental and vision insurance, retirement participation in the Public Employees' Retirement System, and educational benefits for eligible employees. See our benefits website for additional information.
At Cal Poly, we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. Bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and value systems fosters the innovative and creative thinking that exemplifies Cal Poly's values of free inquiry, cultural and intellectual diversity, mutual respect, civic engagement, and social and environmental responsibility.
Cal Poly's commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. California Poly is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
Following a conditional offer of employment, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate may start work with Cal Poly. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment. Current employees who are offered positions on campus will be required to undergo a background check for any position where a background check is required by law or that Cal Poly has designated as sensitive.
The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter.
Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo is not a sponsoring agency for staff positions (i.e. H-1B visas).
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend